Jamieson Place is an established community located in mature West Edmonton. An all-in-one neighbourhood ideal for growing families, Jamieson Place is celebrated for its affordable single-family homes, laid-back atmosphere and ultra-convenient location. The area also boasts proximity to some of West Edmonton’s best amenities, including West Edmonton Mall, Callingwood Park and the Edmonton Country Club.
Did you know? Jamieson Place was named after Frederick Charles Jamieson. Jamieson arrived in Edmonton in the late 1800s and served as a member of the Alberta Legislature. He was also a prominent lawyer and politician who practiced law with Alberta’s first premier, A.C. Rutherford.
Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Jamieson Place
Development in Jamieson Place began in the 1980s with an emphasis on single-family homes. Largely complete by the 1990s, detached dwellings now account for over 90% of home styles in the community. Models include both front-attached and laned properties, with two storeys, three bedrooms and bathrooms and an average of 1,500 square feet. Perfect for families in search of an affordable and spacious home, standard features to expect include:
- Open floor plans
- Harwood flooring (natural and engineered)
- Remodelled kitchens
- Stainless-steel appliances
- Oversized kitchen islands
- Private ensuites with soaker tubs, walk-in showers, water closets and dual vanities
- Ceramic tile
- Ample natural light
- Gas fireplaces
- Finished basements
- Energy-efficient systems
- Mature landscaping
- Outdoor entertainment spaces
- Heated double garages
- And more!
There are also a small number of townhomes and duplexes in Jamieson Place. Some of the area’s attached and semi-detached homes were constructed as recently as the 2010s. As a result, they come outfitted with contemporary features (custom kitchens, flex rooms, luxury master suites and bespoke finishes) with prices starting in the mid-400s.
Average Listing Price in Jamieson Place: $372,000
Did you know? Jamieson Place is one of 17 neighbourhoods comprising the greater West Jasper Place area. Many of the area’s established communities once formed the Town of Jasper Place.
While no commercial amenities are located within Jamieson Heights proper, the community sits adjacent to a convenient shopping hub with grocers, medical services, coffee shops, banking institutions and more. Jamieson Place is also located less than 10 minutes from the Marketplace and Callingwood, Hampton Market, the Shops of Granville and West Edmonton Mall.
Additional nearby amenities include:
- Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- Edmonton Public Library
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- Meadowlark Health and Shopping Centre
- Misericordia Hospital
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
- West Granville Centre
Did you know? The Marketplace at Callingwood is home to the Callingwood Farmers’ Market. In operation for nearly 40 years and featuring over 125 vendors per week, it is Edmonton’s largest and original farmers’ market.
Jamieson Place Parks and Recreation
Jamieson Place houses a centrally located park space featuring a playground, mature trees and sports fields. The area is also defined by a large green belt highlighted by walking trails and scenic stormwater ponds. Situated within 10 minutes of the North Saskatchewan River Valley, residents also have access to the Wolf Willow Ravine, Westridge Park and Patricia Ravine. Callingwood Park is also 5 minutes away.
Other recreational amenities near Jamieson Place include:
- Callingwood Dog Park
- Callingwood Skate Park
- Callingwood Twin Arenas
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Jamie Platz Family YMCA
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Lewis Estates Golf Course
- West Meadowlark Spray Park
- Whitemud Park
- And more
Did you know? Jamieson Place residents are served by the Willowby Community League, in Ormsby Place. The league hosts a wide range of local events, from seniors’ clubs and children’s playgroups to sports programs and family game nights.
Jamieson Place Schools
There is one school in Jamieson Place, Michael A. Kostek public elementary. Additional educational opportunities can be found in the surrounding neighbourhoods, including secondary schools, Catholic schools, daycares, and out-of-school care programs.
Designated Public Schools:
- Michael A. Kostek School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- S. Bruce Smith School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Jasper Place School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Designated Catholic Schools:
- St. Monica School (Designated Pre-Kindergarten)
- Good Shepherd School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- H. E. Beriault School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- St. Oscar Romero School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Did you know? The University of Alberta can be reached in less than a 15-minute drive from Jamieson Place, via Whitemud Drive and Fox Drive.
One Convenient Commute
Jamieson Place is bounded by several major commuter roads, including the west Anthony Henday, Callingwood Road and Lessard Road. Thanks to the neighbourhood’s convenient location, locals enjoy a streamlined commute to north and south Edmonton, as well as Whitemud Drive, the Yellowhead Highway and the Edmonton International Airport.
There are some transit routes operating throughout Jamieson Place, providing access to two major transit centres – West Edmonton Mall Transit Centre and Lewis Farms Transit Centre. Lewis Farms will also represent the final stop along the West Valley LRT line.
Did you know? Jamieson Place has a livability score of 74%, which is considered excellent. In addition, crime rates and real estate prices in the community are lower than the Edmonton average, and the area is highly rated for its amenities and schools.
*Average home prices based on current real estate inventory available
Contact us today to learn more about homes for sale in Jamieson Place or any other community in the capital region! We also invite you to take advantage of our helpful Edmonton neighbourhood resources, including:
- Ultimate Guide to Edmonton Real Estate – The most up-to-date information on Edmonton’s neighbourhoods, homes, and neighbourhoods.
- Your All-In-One Guide to Choosing The Right Neighbourhood – Finding the perfect home in the ideal neighbourhood is easy with this guide.
- The Terry Paranych Real Estate Group Community Blog – The latest Edmonton community spotlights and features.