Edgemont is a newly established neighbourhood located in West Edmonton. Known for its convenient and semi-secluded location, this family-friendly community boasts proximity to the West Anthony Henday and some of the best amenities Edmonton has to offer. Established in the early 2011, Edgemont offers buyers a broad selection of modern single-family and new construction home opportunities, in one of the most desirable quadrants of the city.
Did you know? Edgemont is part of Edmonton’s Ward sipiwiyiniwak. Sipiwiyiniwak is in reference to the people of the Enoch Cree Nation being River Cree. (City of Edmonton)
Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Edgemont
Real estate opportunities in Edgemont consist predominantly of detached, luxury-style homes. Featuring an average of four bedrooms and four bathrooms, most homes in the area include two storeys, roomy front attached garages and 2,000+ square feet of contemporary living space. Edgemont’s envy-worthy location, combined with its selection of high-end real estate opportunities make it ideal for families looking for a premium home near it all. A few of the many modern features to expect from an Edgemont home may include:
- Luxurious ensuite bathrooms with his and hers sinks, standalone soaker tubs, walk-in glass showers, and water closets
- 2-story high ceilings for a spacious feel
- Exposed beams for added charm.
- Chef's kitchens with raised eat-in islands and custom cabinetry
- Natural stone and floating countertops for a stylish look
- Energy-efficient appliances and systems
- Flex rooms, private balconies, and walk-out finished basements
- Wet bars, home gyms, and natural gas fireplaces for added comfort and entertainment
- Oversized windows for ample natural light
- Natural wood/stone flooring
- Crown moulding, in-floor heating, and air conditioning
- Mudrooms for convenience
- Home theatres, security systems, and outdoor entertainment spaces
- Tiered decks, triple attached garages, and underground sprinkler systems
- Professionally landscaped front and rear yard spaces
- And more!
Average Listing Price in Edgemont: $642,000
Did you know? According to the Areavibes Liveability Index, Edgemont is well-rated for its easy commute, low crime rates, housing, employment and schools. The community’s overall score is also only expected to improve as development continues.
West Edmonton Amenities Near Edgemont
Edgemont is home to a small commercial centre featuring restaurants, professional services and more. Additional shops such as grocers, banking institutions, coffee shops and miscellaneous other services can be found within the surrounding neighbourhoods of the The Hamptons and The Grange. World-famous West Edmonton Mall and the Misericordia Hospital are located within 10-minutes’ drive north of the community.
- Currents of Windermere
- Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- The Marketplace at Callingwood
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- River Creek Resort and Casino
- The Shops of Granville – Miscellaneous shops and services.
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- West Granville Centre – Costco, miscellaneous shops and services.
- West Henday Promenade – Grocers, miscellaneous shops, restaurants and services.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
Did you know? West Edmonton Mall, with its extensive collection of 800+ stores and services, as well as an indoor amusement park, marine life tank, water park, and an NHL-sized skating rink, draws in a more than 30 million visitors annually.
West Edmonton Parks and Recreation Near Edgemont
Perfect for active families, Edgemont features plenty of treed areas, open green space, community gardens and a natural playground. The neighbourhood is also surrounded by multi-use trails that connect to both Wedgewood Creek and Wedgewood Ravine and includes two additional playgrounds as well as an active community league. Several golf courses, including the Edmonton Country Club, River Ridge Golf and Country Club and Lewis Estates Golf Course, are also easily accessible.
- Callingwood Park
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Jamie Platz YMCA
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- St. Francis Xavier Sports Centre
- Terwillegar Park
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- Windermere Golf and Country Club
Did you know? The Edgemont Community League hosts a wide range of events and programs for residents. These include skating, soccer, and seasonal celebrations.
Edgemont and West Edmonton Schools
There is a single school in Edgemont, a K-12 Christian school. There are also several daycares and day homes operating in the area. Families living in Edgemont are also served by several other schools (including public and Catholic options) within the surrounding communities.
Designated Public Schools:
- Winterburn School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Michael Phair School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Jasper Place School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Designated Catholic Schools:
- Good Shepherd School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- H. E. Beriault School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- St. Oscar Romero School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Did you know? Edgemont’s natural playground was designed with sustainability in mind. Instead of metal or plastic, all equipment is manufactured with Robinia – a rot resistant hardwood native to the USA.
Commuting From Edgemont in West Edmonton
Residents of Edgemont enjoy having convenient access to West Edmonton, Spruce Grove, and Stony Plain, thanks to the Anthony Henday freeway. This significant roadway also intersects with Calgary Trail, Whitemud Drive, and the Yellowhead, further increasing accessibility. Here too, Edgemont residents have a streamlined commute to the Edmonton International Airport.
Transit development in Edgemont is still ongoing, though several stops can be found throughout.
*Average home prices based on current real estate inventory available
For more information on Edmonton homes for sale or real estate opportunities in Edgemont, get in touch with us! We also invite you to have the latest Edmonton real estate market updates, home buying tips, home selling information and more delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our exclusive Terry Paranych Real Estate Group newsletter.
Photo credits: shutterstock.comPosted by Terry Paranych on