Cameron Heights is a scenic west-end community bordering Edmonton’s beautiful North Saskatchewan River Valley. As one of the most desirable areas in the city, Cameron Heights boasts excellent natural and commercial amenities and a broad selection of luxury home styles – including spacious single-family homes, roomy duplexes and trendy townhomes. So if you’re searching for a high-end home in a prestigious, nature-friendly neighbourhood, Cameron Heights may be the right choice for you.
Cameron Heights is a uniquely shaped neighbourhood, defined by the Anthony Henday to the west and south, the Wedgewood Ravine to the north and the North Saskatchewan River Valley to the east. A newer addition to West Edmonton, development in Cameron Heights began in the early 2000s, though construction is still underway, particularly in the neighbourhood’s north end.
There is only one access road providing entry to Cameron Heights. As a result, residents enjoy a private setting, highlighted by quiet cul-de-sacs, a centrally located park/playground, picnic areas and walking trails. The surrounding urban forest also provides plenty of opportunities to explore. Additional plans for the community include an elementary school, community centre and further development of pedestrian walkways.
Cameron Heights was named after John Cameron, a local pioneer and businessman who once lived in the area. Cameron was also president of Edmonton’s Board of Trade, Chairman of the Edmonton School Board and member of Town Council in the late 1800s.
Price Range and Housing Stock
Camron Heights is currently comprised of low and medium-density homes. Luxury single-family homes reign supreme in the community, equipped with four bedrooms, three bathrooms and 2,500+ square feet of modern living space. As the neighbourhood is still under development, there are also plenty of vacant lot opportunities available, perfect for those looking to build from the ground up.
See also: The Benefits of Choosing a New Construction Home In Edmonton
Luxury townhomes and duplexes are available throughout Cameron Heights, with prices starting in the late 300s. These attached and semi-detached models offer a low-maintenance alternative to the area’s many larger detached homes, with many of the same benefits, including:
- Multiple bedrooms and bedrooms
- High-end features and finishes
- Ample square footage
- Attached garages
- Private outdoor spaces
- Plenty of storage
A few low-rise, apartment-style condos are planned for Cameron Heights. These will include one-, two- and three-bedroom units featuring luxury open-concept living spaces, large balconies, master ensuites, walk-in closets and more.
Part of Cameron Heights’ luxury status stems from its highly desirable location. As a result, home prices tend to fare higher than the Edmonton average:
Average home price in Cameron Heights: $659,000*
Standard Luxury Features
From formal dining rooms to triple-car garages, Cameron Heights homes come equipped with all the lavish features one should expect from a modern luxury property. These may include:
- Chef-inspired kitchens with stone countertops, gas ranges, oversized eat-in islands, wine bars, walk-through pantries, etc.
- 5-piece luxury ensuites complete with stand-alone soaker tubs, steam showers, his and her vanities, in-floor heating and more.
- Custom cabinetry and lighting
- Energy-efficient appliances and systems
- Vaulted/coffered ceilings
- Glass and spiral staircases
- Walk-out and finished basements
- Wet bars
- Home gyms
- Natural gas fireplaces
- Undermount cabinet lighting
- Oversized windows and ample natural light
- Natural wood/stone flooring
- Air conditioning
- Convenient mudrooms
- Home theatres
- Security systems
- Outdoor entertainment spaces
- Walk-out basements
- Ultra-high ceilings
- Tiered decks
- Underground sprinkler systems
- Professionally landscaped front and rear yard spaces
- Panoramic river valley views and ravine
- And more!
Are you thinking of buying a luxury home in Edmonton? Check out our latest post: The Benefits of Choosing a Luxury Home in Edmonton
Local amenities in Cameron Heights include a splash park and playground, sports fields, a hockey rink and a community garden. Ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, active families also have access to parks and green spaces in the surrounding communities via the Wedgewood Ravine Trail system. In addition, Cameron Heights homeowners are served by an active community league, which hosts several family-friendly initiatives throughout the year.
While there are no commercial amenities within the community proper, Cameron Heights is within short driving distance of several major shopping hubs, including The Marketplace at Callingwood, the Currents of Windermere, the Shops of Granville and more.
See also: Your Guide to West Edmonton Real Estate
Cameron Heights Designated Public Schools: Michael A. Kostek School, S. Bruce Smith School, Jasper Place School
Cameron Heights Designated Catholic Schools: Good Shepherd School, H. E. Beriault School, St. Oscar Romero School
Other amenities near Cameron Heights include:
- Callingwood Park Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- Edmonton Golf and Country Club
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Jagare Ridge Golf Club
- Jamie Platz YMCA
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Lewis Estates Golf Course
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- Misericordia Hospital
- River Creek Resort and Casino
- River Ridge Golf and Country Club
- The Shops of Granville – Miscellaneous shops and services.
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- Terwillegar Park
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- West Edmonton Mall
- West Granville Centre - Costco, various shops and services.
- West Henday Promenade – Grocers, miscellaneous shops, restaurants and services.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
- Windermere Golf and Country Club
*Average prices are subject to change based on current real estate inventory
Are you considering buying a luxury home in Edmonton? As one of Edmonton’s leading real estate teams, the Terry Paranych Real Estate Group has the skills, professionalism, and experience to find the perfect high-end home to match your distinct tastes and lifestyle. For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
We also invite you to take advantage of our free luxury buyer’s resources below:
The Terry Paranych Group Dream Home Finder: Make your new luxury home dream a reality with the help of our personalized Dream Home Finder.Terry Paranych on
Leave A Comment