Maple Ridge is an established, family-friendly neighbourhood located in scenic Southeast Edmonton. Consisting entirely of manufactured homes, this all-in-one community makes an excellent choice for growing families, first-time buyers, downsizers and/or anyone looking for an affordable detached home and fantastic on and offsite amenities.
Did you know? The name “Maple Ridge” gives the nod to the many species of maple trees located in and around the capital region.
Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Maple Ridge
Approximately three-quarters of Maple Ridge’s manufactured homes were built during the 1970s. Many new residences have been built in the neighbourhood over the years, including models developed during the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s. Three-bedroom, two-bathroom properties are most common and include single and double-wide options ranging from 900 to 1,500 square feet.
Despite their age, older homes in the neighbourhood are anything but outdated, thanks to recent renovations offering everything modern buyers are seeking in a detached home. Typical single-family home features to expect from a Maple Ridge manufactured home include:
- Modern flooring, countertops and cabinetry
- Eat-in islands
- Ample counter and storage space
- Stainless steel appliances
- Bathrooms with spa-like features
- Vaulted ceilings
- Floorplans with bright, open spaces
- Energy-efficient systems and materials
- Wardrobes with walk-in closets
- Outdoor entertainment spaces (decks, patios, etc.)
- Roomy detached garages
- Private parking spaces
- Oversized lots
Average Listing Price in Maple Ridge: $74,000
Did you know? Maple Ridge boasts a livability score of 71%, which is considered excellent. The community comes highly rated for its low cost of living, low real estate prices and amenities.
Awesome Amenities, On and Offsite
Aside from affordable single-family homes, Edmonton buyers are attracted to this neighbourhood for a variety of reasons. As with most manufactured home communities around the capital region, Maple Ridge offers residents several unique onsite amenities. There are plenty of walking trails, ponds, and open green spaces around the property, as well as the following:
- Convenience store and gas station
- Pub and restaurant
- Children’s playgrounds
- Paved driveways and roads
- Landscaped, well-tended grounds
- A professional approach to community management
- Large lot sizes
- Active Block Parent Group
- Services provided by the municipality, such as garbage collection and recycling
- RV parking
- And more
A great location for active families, Maple Ridge sits adjacent to Maple Downs Park, which offers additional playgrounds, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, basketball courts and picnic areas.
But that’s not all.
Maple Ridge residents enjoy living close to schools, shops, services, restaurants, recreation venues and more. These include major shopping districts such as Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre, Capilano Mall and South Edmonton Common.
Other nearby amenities include:
- Grey Nuns Hospital
- Market at the Meadows – Save-on-Foods, medical centre, Shopper’s Drug Mart, banking institutions, etc.
- RioCan Meadows/Dream Centre – Walmart, Superstore, Landmark Cinemas, various big-box retailers, misc. restaurants and services
- Tamarack Common – CHALO! Fresh Co., various restaurants, retailers and services.
Parks and Recreation
In addition to onsite recreational amenities, Maple Ridge is also home to a popular resident’s association. Members of the Twin Parks Community League can connect through various events and initiatives such as:
- Children’s events (i.e. “Fun Daze” featuring a local parade)
- Winter carnivals
- Community garden
- Holiday parties
- Green Shack programs
- Social and fundraising events of all kinds
- Recreation and sports programs
- Free swimming (at nearby recreation centres)
- Casino nights
- And much more!
Did you know? Located in Sherwood Park, the Kinsmen Leisure Centre features an aquatic centre with a 25-metre pool, waterslide, children’s pool, indoor playground and more.
Maple Ridge Schools
While there are no schools in Maple Ridge, there are several public, Catholic and out-of-school care programs within the surrounding communities. Sherwood Park schools are also accessible to residents of Maple Ridge.
Designated Public Schools:
- Waverley School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Kenilworth School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- McNally School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Designated Catholic Schools:
- St. Brendan School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- St. Brendan School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Austin O’Brien School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Did you know? With Sikh discipline and values at its foundation, Edmonton’s Khalsa School prepares students for life-long learning. The school was founded in 2001 with 13 students and offers education to children from kindergarten through grade six. (Source: Edmonton Khalsa School).
Commuting From Southeast Edmonton
Maple Ridge strikes the perfect balance between easy accessibility and semi-seclusion. The only major thoroughfare defining the community is 17th Street, which transects with the Sherwood Park Freeway (Wye Road) and Whitemud Drive. Other major commuter roads near Maple Ridge include the west Anthony Henday.
The community is served by two bus routes operated by Edmonton Transit, as well as a major transit center located just south of the community. Additionally, the neighbourhood offers yellow bus service to school-age children.
For more information on Edmonton real estate opportunities and homes for sale in Edmonton or any other community in the capital region, get in touch with us! And don’t forget to take advantage of any one (or all!) of our free buyer’s resources, including:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Edmonton Real Estate – We’ll provide you with all the information you need about the five quadrants that make up our vibrant city and the unique communities within.
- Your All-in-One Guide to Choosing the Right Neighbourhood – We make it easy to find the right home in the right community in Edmonton!
- The Terry Paranych Real Estate Group Blog – Whether you are looking for tips to buy or sell your home, our blog has what you’re looking for.