Cameron Heights is a newer community in West Edmonton’s greater West Jasper Place district. Known for its exceptional location, this nature-friendly neighbourhood boasts ravine and river valley views, parks, plenty of open green space and tree-lined walking trails. Established in the early 2000s, Cameron Heights offers buyers a broad selection of modern single-family and new construction home opportunities, combined with proximity to desirable amenities.
Did you know? Cameron Heights takes its name from local pioneer and businessman John Cameron. Arriving in Edmonton in 1881, Cameron served on Town Council and was Chairman of the Edmonton School Board.
Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Cameron Heights
Real estate opportunities in Cameron Heights consist predominantly of detached, luxury-style homes. Featuring an average of five bedrooms and four bathrooms, most homes in the area include two storeys, roomy front attached garages and 2,500+ square feet of stylish living space. Cameron Heights’ envy-worthy location, combined with its selection of lavish homes, makes it the perfect choice among families looking for a high-end property near it all. Contemporary features to expect from a Cameron Heights home may include:
- 5-piece luxury ensuites (his and hers sinks, stand-alone soaker tubs, walk-in glass showers, water closet, etc.)
- 2-storey high ceilings
- Exposed beams
- Chef’s kitchens
- Raised eat-in islands
- Formal dining rooms
- Custom cabinetry and pantries
- Natural stone and floating countertops
- Energy efficient appliances and systems
- Flex rooms/dens/family rooms
- Private balconies
- Vaulted/coffered ceilings
- Built-in shelving
- Glass and spiral staircases
- Walk-out and finished basements
- Wet bars
- Home gyms
- Natural gas fireplaces
- Oversized windows and ample natural light
- Natural wood/stone flooring
- Crown moulding
- In-floor heating
- Air conditioning
- Convenient mudrooms
- Home theatres
- Security systems
- Outdoor entertainment spaces
- Tiered decks
- Triple attached garages
- Underground sprinkler systems
- Professionally landscaped front and rear yard spaces
- Panoramic ravine and river valley views (depending on location)
- And more!
Still under development, Cameron Heights also gives buyers the opportunity to build their dream home from the ground up. For more information, see our previous post: The Benefits of Choosing a New Construction Home In Edmonton.
Home prices in Cameron Heights tend to fall above the Edmonton average. Prices may start at around $600,000 for a three-bedroom home to upwards of $2M for a 4,000+ square foot property overlooking the Wedgewood Ravine.
Average Listing Price in Cameron Heights: $757,000
See Homes For Sale in Cameron Heights
Did you know? Cameron Heights is one of 17 neighbourhoods comprising West Jasper Place. Check out our previous community features, including Aldergrove, Belmead, Gariepy, Summerlea and Wedgewood Heights for additional neighbourhood info.
Excellent West Edmonton Amenities
Cameron Heights is home to a small commercial centre featuring restaurants, a pharmacy and a local bakery. Additional shops and services such as grocers, medical centres, and coffee shops can be found within the surrounding neighbourhoods of Jamieson Place and Dechene. World famous West Edmonton Mall and the Misericordia Hospital are also located within 10-minutes’ drive north of the community.
- Currents of Windermere
- Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- The Marketplace at Callingwood
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- River Creek Resort and Casino
- The Shops of Granville – Miscellaneous shops and services.
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- West Granville Centre – Costco, miscellaneous shops and services.
- West Henday Promenade – Grocers, miscellaneous shops, restaurants and services.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
Did you know? Featuring 800+ stores and services, an indoor amusement park, marine life tank, water park and NHL-sized skating rink, West Edmonton Mall attracts over 30 million visitors a year. That’s twice as many as Disneyland!
An Outdoor Lover’s Delight
Perfect for active families, Cameron Heights is extremely recreation friendly. In addition to the scenic walking and cycling paths of adjoining Wedgewood Ravine, residents also have access to the greater river valley trail system. And that’s only the beginning. The neighbourhood also houses plenty of open green space (including sports fields, picnic areas and a community garden), a modern playground and spray park, and an active community league. Several golf courses, including the Edmonton Country Club, River Ridge Golf and Country Club and Lewis Estates Golf Course, are also easily accessible.
- Callingwood Park
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Jamie Platz YMCA
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- St. Francis Xavier Sports Centre
- Terwillegar Park
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- Windermere Golf and Country Club
Did you know? The Cameron Heights Community League hosts a wide range of events and programs for residents. These include Green Shack Programs, swimming, neighbourhood get-togethers, skating, soccer and more.
Cameron Heights Schools
There are no schools in Cameron Heights except for a local daycare. However, there are plans to construct a local elementary school and park site within the next few years. In the meantime, children of all ages, learning abilities and faiths are served by schools in the immediate area.
Designated Public Schools:
- Michael A. Kostek School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- S. Bruce Smith School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Jasper Place School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Designated Catholic Schools:
- Good Shepherd School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- H. E. Beriault School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- St. Oscar Romero School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Did you know? According to the Areavibes Liveability Index, Cameron Heights has a liveability score of 78%, which is considered exceptional. The community is well-rated for its cost of living, low crime rates, housing, schools, and amenities.
Commuting From Cameron Heights
Residents of Cameron Heights are afforded easy access to West Edmonton, Spruce Grove and Stony Plain, thanks to the nearby Anthony Henday. In addition to Whitemud Drive and the Yellowhead, this major arterial road also transects with Calgary Trail, thus providing a streamlined commute to the Edmonton International Airport.
Transit development in Cameron Heights is still ongoing, though several stops can be found throughout.
*Average home prices based on current real estate inventory available
For more information on Edmonton homes for sale or real estate opportunities in Cameron Heights, get in touch with us! We also invite you to have the latest Edmonton real estate market updates, home buying tips, home selling information and more delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our exclusive Terry Paranych Real Estate Group newsletter.Terry Paranych on
Leave A Comment