Welcome to beautiful Bulyea Heights. Located along the scenic Whitemud Creek Ravine in Southwest Edmonton, Bulyea Heights was first established in 1979, along with the creation of the Riverbend Area Structure Plan. The neighbourhood’s design concept is focused on low-density housing characterized by quiet streets and cul-de-sacs. A perfect all-in-one community to call home, Bulyea Heights features a school, parks, commercial amenities, and a fantastic selection of high-end single-family homes.
Did you know? Bulyea Heights was named after Alberta’s first Lieutenant-Governor, George Hedley Bulyea, who served from 1905 to 1915.
Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Bulyea Heights
Single-family homes account for almost 90% of home styles in Bulyea Heights. Many homes in the area are high-end properties and are above average in size. Five-bedroom, three-bathroom homes are most common, featuring upwards of 2,600 square feet. Triple car garages, chef-inspired kitchens and luxury ensuites are just a few of many fantastic features these meticulously maintained homes have to offer. Other features to expect from a Bulyea Heights home may include walk-out basements and ravine views, granite countertops, hardwood flooring, wet bars and more!
There are also a small number of duplexes and townhomes in Bulyea Heights, particularly in the neighbourhood’s northeast end. Priced in the mid-300s, most attached and semi-detached properties offer brand-new upgrades, open floor plans and easy maintenance.
Nearly half of all homes were built during the 1980s, and the remainder during the 1990s.
Average Listing Price in Bulyea Heights
Did you know? Buylea Heights is considered on of Edmonton’s top luxury home neighbourhoods.
Southwest Edmonton Amenities Near Bulyea Heights
Bulyea Heights boasts a small commercial centre featuring various shops, services and restaurants. Thanks to the community’s one-of-a-kind location, Bulyea Heights residents also enjoy having access to great amenities in both Southwest and West Edmonton. These include some of the city’s most popular shopping hubs like Southgate Centre Mall and West Edmonton Mall, as well as the Callingwood Square Shopping Centre, the Callingwood Farmers’ Market and the Meadowlark Health and Shopping Centre.
Other nearby amenities include:
- Crossroads Shopping Centre – Lowe’s, Edmonton Public Library, misc. healthcare services, restaurants, etc.
- Misericordia Hospital
- South Edmonton Common – 172+ brand name stores, Cineplex Odeon, The Rec Room, etc.
- South Park Centre – Walmart, coffee shops, numerous retailers and restaurants
- Southpoint Centre – Miscellaneous services and retailers, restaurants, grocers, etc.
- University of Alberta Hospital
- And more!
Did you know? Located in South Callingwood, the Callingwood Farmers’ Market was established nearly 40 years ago and remains one of the largest and oldest outdoor farmers’ markets in Edmonton.
Parks and Recreational Amenities in Southwest Edmonton Near Bulyea Heights
Defined by the Whitemud Creek Ravine to the east, homeowners in Bulyea Heights enjoy excellent access to outdoor amenities, including walking and bike trails, nature reserves, scenic lookout points, and more. The ravine also sits adjacent to Rainbow Valley Park, encompassing the Snow Valley Ski Club, Aerial Park and campground.
Locally, Bulyea Heights is home to a playground, sports fields, and an active community league. In addition to tennis courts and a hockey rink, the Brookview Community League hosts a community garden, sports and Green Shack programs, yoga classes and preschool initiatives.
Recreation amenities in and around Bulyea Heights include:
- Buena Vista Park
- Callingwood Park
- Confederation Leisure Centre
- The Derrick Golf and Winter Club
- The Edmonton Country Club
- Jamie Platz Family YMCA
- Jasper Park Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- Twin Brooks District and Nature Park
Did you know? The Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre features a fitness centre, fitness classes, three indoor gyms, an indoor playground, an aquatic centre, lazy river and much more.
Bulyea Heights Schools
There is one school in Bulyea Heights, a local K-6 elementary. Plenty of additional educational options exist in the surrounding communities of Rhatigan Ridge, Ramsay Heights and Brander Gardens. Parents of younger children also appreciate having the Brookview Montessori Child Development Centre within their neighbourhood.
Designated Public Schools:
- George H. Luck School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Riverbend School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Strathcona School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
- Lillian Osborne School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Designated Catholic Schools:
- Archbishop Joseph MacNeil School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Archbishop Joseph MacNeil School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Mother Margaret Mary Catholic High School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Did you know? Bulyea Heights has a Livability Score of 89%, which is considered exceptional. Crime rates are 60% lower than the Edmonton average, and the area comes highly rated for its amenities and schools.
Commuting From Southwest Edmonton and Bulyea Heights
Bulyea Heights is bounded by Terwillegar Road to the west, Whitemud Drive to the north, Whitemud Creek Ravine to the east and Rabbit Hill Road to the south. Whitemud Drive provides a streamlined commute to west and east Edmonton, Calgary Trail and Gateway Boulevard (ideal for accessing downtown Edmonton and the Edmonton International Airport). Terwillegar Drive also intersects with the west Anthony Henday and 23rd Ave.
Did you know? The Capital LRT expansion from Century Park to Ellerslie Road will add 4.5 km of track. Two new stations will be included in the extension, providing convenient service to residents of deep southwest Edmonton.
Are you thinking of buying or selling a home in Edmonton? Check out our blog, or download any one of our FREE buyer and seller resources, including:
- Your All-In-One Guide to Choosing the Right Edmonton Neighbourhood – Find the home of your dreams in your ideal neighbourhood!
- Home Buyer’s Guide - Whatever your home-buying needs are, we will guide you every step of the way.
- Home Seller’s Guide – This how-to guide will help you sell your home quickly and for top dollar
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Renovating Your Home (For a Great Sale) – Use our comprehensive renovation guide to maximize your home’s value.
Photo credits: shutterstock.comPosted by Terry Paranych on