Wedgewood Heights is an affluent community located in popular West Edmonton. Nestled alongside the scenic North Saskatchewan River, this established neighbourhood is characterized by vast open green spaces, breathtaking ravine views and meticulously maintained single-family homes.
A mature neighbourhood, Wedgewood Heights was first established in the 1960s. Demand for high-end single-family homes in the area continued until sometime during the 1970s when building slowed significantly. By the 1980s, however, Wedgewood Heights saw renewed interest with construction resuming throughout the area, which was largely complete by the 1990s. As a result of the community’s on-again off-again development, Wedgewood Heights offers a unique blend of expansive acreage estates and average-sized single-detached lots.
Wedgewood Heights, along with 16 other neighbourhoods, is also part of the greater district of West Jasper Place (many of which were once part of the Town of Jasper Place, which amalgamated with the greater City of Edmonton in 1964). The community takes its name from the Wedgewood Ravine, which defines the area to the north. In addition, several streets within Wedgewood Heights were named after famous Edmontonians, including early Edmonton pioneers Dr. R.B. Wells, W.R. Wells and W.A. Wells, the Weber family (founders of Weber Bros. Company) and Colonel Charles Yardley (former city alderman and lawyer).
Price Range and Housing Stock
Detached luxury homes account for all real estate opportunities in Wedgewood Heights. Thanks to the community’s sporadic development, discerning Edmonton buyers have a wide variety of sizes and styles to choose from, including sprawling luxury acreages (located in the neighbourhood’s far east end) and spacious two-story homes on standard detached lots.
Front-attached homes, including tow-storeys, four-level and bi-level splits, are standard to Wedgewood Heights. Most homes in the area are also larger than average, featuring 2,000+ square feet of family-friendly living space, five bedrooms and four bathrooms. Some of the area’s larger properties may offer upwards of 5,000 square feet, six or more bedrooms and bathrooms and triple front-attached garages. Due to the neighbourhood’s ultra-desirable location, home prices remain higher than the Edmonton average, priced between $550,000 and $2M.
Average home price in Wedgewood Heights: $833,000 *
Are you thinking of selling your luxury Edmonton home? Check out our latest post: Our Top Tips For Selling a Luxury Home
Standard Luxury Features
Single-family homes in Wedgewood Heights are known for their generous square footage, sizeable lots and high-end features. From full chef’s kitchens and spa-inspired ensuites to grand entrances and theatre rooms, luxury homes in Wedgewood Heights have something to suit every buyer.
Other luxury features to expect from a Wedgewood Heights home may include:
- Oversized master suites
- Raised eat-in islands
- Formal dining rooms
- Custom cabinetry
- Natural stone countertops
- New, energy efficient appliances and systems
- Flex rooms/dens/family rooms
- Vaulted/coffered ceilings
- Built-in shelving
- Entertainment centres
- Wet bars
- Home gyms
- Natural gas fireplaces
- Oversized windows and ample natural light
- Natural wood/stone flooring
- Crown moulding
- Spiral staircases
- In-floor heating
- Air conditioning
- Convenient mudrooms
- Walkout basements
- Outdoor entertainment spaces
- Underground sprinkler systems
- Professional/mature landscaped front and rear yard spaces
- Treed lots
- Panoramic ravine views (depending on location)
- And more!
A nature lover’s delight, homeowners in Wedgewood Heights have some of West Edmonton’s best outdoor amenities in their very own backyards.
The Wedgewood Ravine offers a large network of tree-lined trail systems, ideal for walking, cycling or running, as well as wide open green spaces. Locally, the community houses a central park featuring tennis and basketball courts, playgrounds, sports fields, picnic and social gathering areas. The Wedgewood Ravine Community League and Homeowner’s Association also oversee numerous events throughout the year, including sports programs, community clubs and seasonal celebrations.
Commercial amenities are also easily accessible for Wedgewood residents, due to its proximity to Lessard Road and the west Anthony Henday. From here, shops and services including grocers, health services and restaurants can be easily accessed within minutes. Edmonton’s own West Edmonton Mall and the Misericordia Community Hospital are also located just 10 minutes’ drive to the north. Though mostly car-dependent, some public transit options are available in and around the community.
See also: Your Guide to West Edmonton Real Estate
Other popular amenities near Wedgewood Heights include:
- Currents of Windermere
- Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- Edmonton Country Club
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Jamie Platz YMCA
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Johnny Bright Sports Park
- Lewis Estates Golf Course
- The Marketplace at Callingwood
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- River Ridge Golf and Country Club
- The Shops of Granville – Miscellaneous shops and services.
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- St. Francis Xavier Sports Centre
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- West Granville Centre – Costco, miscellaneous shops and services.
- West Henday Promenade – Grocers, miscellaneous shops, restaurants and services.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
- Windermere Golf and Country Club
*Average prices subject to change based on current real estate inventory
Are you considering buying a luxury home in Edmonton? As one of Edmonton’s leading real estate teams, the Terry Paranych Real Estate Group has the skills, professionalism, and experience to find the perfect high-end home to match your distinct tastes and lifestyle. For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
We also invite you to take advantage of our free luxury buyer’s resources below:
- Our Exclusive Luxury Real Estate Listings: Explore Edmonton’s latest luxury listings according to property type:
- The Terry Paranych Group Dream Home Finder: Make your new luxury home dream a reality with the help of our personalized Dream Home Finder.