Manufactured homes are rapidly becoming the go-to choice among Edmonton home buyers, and not just because they represent some of the most affordable homes for sale on the Edmonton market. Following their ultra-low-price tag, these models are highly sought after due to the unique community atmosphere they provide – an atmosphere you’ll be hard-pressed to find anywhere else.
Located in nearly every quadrant of the city, these one-of-a-kind neighbourhoods can be found throughout the capital region, each celebrated for its accessible location, distinct community features, and budget-friendly homes.
Westview Village in Northeast Edmonton
Westview Village is an 185-acre manufactured home community tucked away in semi-rural West Edmonton. Located along Winterburn Road between Highway 16 and 16A, this highly desirable neighbourhood was once a part of Parkland County, until annexed by the City of Edmonton in the early 1980s. The community itself was first established in the early 1970s, when roughly half of all homes were moved to the area, with several more arriving over the next few decades.
Today, Westview Village has flourished into a thriving neighbourhood of over 2,000 residents – highly celebrated for its peaceful setting, proximity to amenities, affordable homes and one-of-a-kind community atmosphere.
Minimum Listing Price = $46,000
Maximum Listing Price = $165,000
Average = $87,000
Single-Family Home Features
Westview’s manufactured homes offer buyers the same features of a regular site-built single-family home at a fraction of the price. These include older homes featuring plenty of character, mature landscaping and recent upgrades as well as newly manufactured properties outfitted with the modern amenities buyers crave. Westview Village homes also include an average of three bedrooms, two bathrooms and 1,200 square feet of functional living space.
But that’s not all!
Other single-family home features to expect from a Westview Village home may include:
- Spacious open floor plans
- Oversized lots
- Double and single detached garages
- Patios/decks and additional outdoor entertainment space
- Air conditioning
- Energy-efficient windows and systems
- Stainless steel appliances
- Tile backsplashes
- Master ensuites
- Walk-in closets
- Vaulted ceilings
- Ample cupboard/counter and storage space
- Eat-in kitchen islands
- Modern laminate/vinyl plank flooring
- And more!
See also: 8 Surprising Features to Expect in a Modern Manufactured Home
A Tight-Knit Community
One of many reasons manufactured home communities are so popular is their inclusion of exclusive onsite amenities. As a result, they maintain a tight-knit community atmosphere and an unparalleled sense of safety and security.
Extremely family-oriented, Westview offers a number of fantastic features and facilities, reserved especially for local residents. In addition to an active community association that oversees various events and programs, onsite amenities include:
- Community clubhouse with equipped kitchen
- Convenience store and gas station
- Fitness centre
- Baseball field
- Basketball court
- Soccer fields
- Skating rink
- Picnic areas
- RV storage
- And more!
Surrounded by farmland to the west, north and south, Westview Village residents enjoy having vast amounts of green space at their disposal. In addition, several smaller pocket parks are scattered throughout the neighbourhood, which also includes a scenic stormwater lake.
West Edmonton’s Best Amenities
Westview Village offers the best of both worlds when it comes to quiet, country living and big-city amenities. Besides the many onsite features mentioned above, the community sits within short driving distance of West Edmonton’s best amenities – including world-famous West Edmonton Mall. Having convenient access to schools, restaurants, retailers, recreation venues, and countless shops and services is yet another perk of living in this all-encompassing neighbourhood:
Shops and Services:
- Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- Meadowlark Health and Shopping Centre
- Misericordia Community Hospital
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
- And more!
Parks and Recreation:
- Dragon’s Head Par 3 Golf Club
- Glendale Golf and Country Club
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Lewis Estates Golf Course
- Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park
- The Ranch Golf and Country Club
- Scotiabank Theatre
- World Waterpark
- And more!
Westview Village Schools:
A great place for growing families, parents of school-aged children will appreciate having several designated schools within the surrounding neighbourhoods:
- Winterburn School (Public Elementary)
- Michael Phair School (Public Junior High)
- Jasper Place School (Public High School)
- Annunciation School (Catholic Elementary)
- St. Thomas More School (Catholic Junior High)
- St. Francis Xavier School (Catholic High School)
One Great Location
As mentioned above, Westview Village strikes the perfect balance between semi-seclusion and ultra-accessibility. Thoughtfully developed to maintain a quiet, family-friendly atmosphere, the neighbourhood’s internal roads follow a modified grid system, characterized peaceful cul-de-sacs.
Surrounded by farmland on three sides, the community remains slightly removed from the noise and traffic of Edmonton. However, residents can easily reach both the greater city and the surrounding capital region, thanks to several nearby thoroughfares.
Bounded by 231st Street to the west and Winterburn Road to the east, Westview Village sits less than 5-minutes drive from Highways 16 (Yellowhead Trail) and 16A. As a result, commuters can easily reach the west Anthony Henday, Whitemud Drive and the surrounding municipalities of St. Albert, Spruce Grove and Stony Plain in no time at all. Downtown Edmonton can also be reached in 20-minutes via Yellowhead Trail and 97th Street.
Finally, the area features full city transit service, with stops located both within the community and along bordering Winterburn Road. Operating throughout the day, transit provides a 10-minute ride to Lewis Farms Park and Ride.
We invite you to see our latest single-family home listings for more information on manufactured Edmonton homes for sale in Edmonton. Or, feel free to reach out to us to learn more about affordable, low-maintenance manufactured homes in your desired area.
Don’t forget to download your free copies of our home buyer’s resources, including:
- Six Essential Tips That Make Home Buying More Affordable
- A Step by Step Guide For Buying Your First Home
- Your All-In-One Guide to Choosing the Right Edmonton Neighbourhood
Leave A Comment