Manufactured homes are rapidly becoming the go-to choice among Edmonton home buyers, and not just because they represent some of the most affordable homes for sale on the Edmonton market. Following their ultra-low-price tag, these models are highly sought after due to the unique community atmosphere they provide – an atmosphere you’ll be hard-pressed to find anywhere else.
Located in nearly every quadrant of the city, these one-of-a-kind neighbourhoods can be found throughout the capital region, each celebrated for its accessible location, distinct community features, and budget-friendly homes.
Maple Oak Ridge in Southeast Edmonton
Maple Oak Ridge is a thriving manufactured home community situated in Southeast Edmonton. First established in the 1970s, the neighbourhood has become an increasingly popular location among Edmonton buyers in search of an affordable, single-family home. With just over 1,500 homeowners, Maple Oak Ridge is the smallest manufactured home community in the city, housing first-time buyers, downsizers, growing families and everything in between.
Minimum Listing Price = $30,000
Maximum Listing Price = $135,000
Average = $74,000
Family-Friendly Home Features
Roughly three-quarters of all Maple Ridge homes were moved to the community during the 1970s. Over the years, the neighbourhood has seen a number of added residences, including models developed throughout 80s, 90s and early 2000s. Older homes within the neighbourhood are anything but outdated, as most have been renovated to include the modern features buyers have come to look for in a detached home. Other single-family features to expect from a manufactured home include:
- Spacious detached garages
- Spa-like ensuites
- Vaulted ceilings
- Bright, open floorplans
- Stainless steel appliances
- Oversized lots
- Energy-efficient systems and windows
- Walk-in closets
- Covered decks and patios
- Trendy vinyl plank flooring
- Tile backsplashes
- Oversized eat-in islands
- Modern vinyl siding
- Ample countertop and storage space
In addition, manufactured homes within Maple Oak Ridge feature an average of three bedrooms (including large master suites), two full bathrooms and 1,200 square feet of family-friendly living space. For those looking for a little more room to spread out, double-wide models are also readily available and include upwards of 1,500 square feet.
Exclusive Onsite Amenities
Affordable single-family homes aren’t the only thing drawing Edmonton buyers to this fantastic location. Like most manufactured home communities in and around the capital region, Maple Oak Ridge comes with an array of unique onsite amenities, exclusive to residents. Besides access to walking trails, local ponds and plenty of open green space, onsite amenities include:
- Local convenience store and gas station
- Restaurant and pub
- Two playgrounds
- Paved roads and driveways
- Beautifully landscaped setting with regular grounds maintenance
- Professional community management
- Generous lot sizes
- Active Block Parent Group
- Municipal services, garbage/recycling collection
- RV parking
- And more
An ideal location for active families, Maple Oak Ridge also sits adjacent to the Maple Downs city park, featuring baseball diamonds, soccer fields, basketball court, picnic areas and playground.
A One-of-a-Kind Community Atmosphere
As mentioned above, Maple Oak Ridge is known for its tight-knit community atmosphere. In addition to exclusive onsite amenities, the neighbourhood also houses a popular community league. Through the Twin Parks Community Association, residents can get to know each other via a variety of events and initiatives, hosted throughout the year. These include:
- Children’s events (i.e. “Fun Daze” featuring a local parade)
- Winter carnivals
- Community garden
- Holiday parties
- Green shack programs
- Various fundraisers and social events
- Sports and recreation programs
- Free swimming (at nearby recreation centres)
- Casino nights
- And much more!
Southeast Edmonton’s Best Amenities
Strategically located near schools, shops, services, restaurants, recreation venues and more, Maple Oak Ridge residents enjoy having countless amenities within arm’s reach – including major shopping districts in both Southeast Edmonton and Sherwood Park. Notable nearby amenities include:
Shops and Services:
- RioCan Meadows/Dream Centre – Walmart, Superstore, Landmark Cinemas, various big-box retailers, misc. restaurants and services
- Market at the Meadows – Save-on-Foods, medical centre, Shopper’s Drug Mart, banking institutions, etc.
- Tamarack Common – CHALO! Fresh Co., various restaurants, retailers and services.
- And more!
Parks and Recreation:
- Broadmoor Public Golf Course
- Jackie Parker Park and off-leash dog area
- The Meadows Recreation Centre
- Mill Woods Golf Course
Maple Oak Ridge Designated Schools:
The perfect family neighbourhood, parents of school-aged children will appreciate having several designated schools within the surrounding communities:
- Waverley School (Public Elementary)
- Kenilworth School (Public Junior High School)
- McNally School (Public Senior High School)
- St. Brendan School (Catholic Elementary)
- St. Brendan School (Catholic Junior High)
- Austin O’Brien School (Catholic Senior High School)
Maple Oak Ridge strikes the perfect balance between semi-seclusion and easy accessibility. Though the community is only reachable via bordering 17th Street, it also sits within a short distance of Whitemud Drive, Sherwood Park Freeway (82nd Ave) and the west Anthony Henday. As a result, Maple Oak Ridge residents enjoy a streamlined commute to Sherwood Park, downtown Edmonton (which can be reached in less than 20-minutes) and the greater capital region.
Last but certainly not least, Edmonton Transit provides two bus routes that run through the community, paired with a major transit centre located to the immediate south. The neighbourhood also provides a yellow bus service for school-aged children.
For information on homes for sale in Edmonton or any other one of the city’s fantastic manufactured home communities, please get in touch with us! We also invite you to take advantage of any (or all) of our free home buyer’s resources, including:
- Six Essential Tips That Make Home Buying More Affordable – Learn how to make buying a home in Edmonton more affordable with these simple, easy-to-follow tips!
- A Step by Step Guide For Buying Your First Home – Our handy guide will tell you everything you need to know about buying your first home (and then some).
- Your All-In-One Guide to Choosing the Right Edmonton Neighbourhood – Find your perfect home in your dream neighbourhood with the help of our comprehensive guide.