Glastonbury is a newer West Edmonton neighbourhood, first established in the early 2000s. Perfect for families, the area consists mainly of single-family homes, highlighted by parks, accessible amenities and convenient commuter roads. Located in Edmonton’s greater Grange district, Glastonbury is also known for its laid-back atmosphere, perfect for Edmonton buyers in search of a quiet yet accessible community to call home.
Did you know? All communities within the Grange refer to English estates formerly known as “granges.” Glastonbury, in particular, takes its name from an English monastery. Glastonbury, England, is also thought to be tied to the legend of King Arthur and the Holy Grail.
Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Glastonbury
Detached homes account for roughly 75% of home styles in Glastonbury. These include convenient front-attached and attractive laned homes featuring four bedrooms, three bathrooms and 1,500 square feet of living space. Glastonbury homes are also known for their ultra-modern features, including:
- Entertainer’s kitchens (stainless steel appliances, stone countertops, tile backsplashes, eat-in islands, etc.)
- Hardwood/engineered hardwood flooring
- Open floor plans
- Luxury, four-piece master ensuites
- Bonus rooms/family rooms
- Energy-efficient appliances and systems
- And more!
Attached and semi-detached homes account for another 20% of Glastonbury properties, with three-bedroom, three-bathroom duplexes starting at $350,000. Standard features to expect from a Glastonbury duplex include private yard spaces, open floor plans, attached garages and, in some cases, finished basements.
Low-rise apartment-style condos account for all remaining real estate opportunities, with one-bedroom units starting in the mid-100s.
Average Listing Price in Glastonbury
Did you know? The Grange comprises three vibrant neighbourhoods: Glastonbury, Granville and The Hamptons.
Glastonbury is home to two convenient shopping hubs: The Shops of Granville (Safeway, health services, banking institutions, etc.) and Hampton Market (Save-in-Foods, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.). Additional shopping destinations near Glastonbury include West Granville Centre, the West Henday Promenade, and the famed West Edmonton Mall.
Other amenities within a short distance of Glastonbury include:
- Depot 170 – PetSmart, Toys R Us, The Keg, Starbucks, Chapters, The Home Depot, etc.
- Mayfield Common – Save-on-Foods, Winners, JYSK, various restaurants, etc.
- River Cree Resort and Casino
- SmartCentres Edmonton West – Walmart, RONA, multiple restaurants, etc.
- Terra Losa Shopping Centre – Safeway, Staples, Marshalls, etc.
- Westpoint Centre – Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Schanks Sports Grill, etc.
- Misericordia Community Hospital
Did you know? As one of the world’s largest shopping malls, West Ed covers a surface area of 500,000 square metres. The mall features 12 world-class attractions and receives more visitors than Disneyland every year!
Parks and Recreation
In addition to parks and walking trails, Glastonbury includes ample green spaces (including playgrounds, spray park and bike track) and several stormwater ponds. Glastonbury also sits near several championship golf courses, such as the Lewis Estates Golf Course and The Ranch Golf and Country Club. Glastonbury residents are served by the Glastonbury Community League, which hosts a wide variety of annual programs such as yoga in the park, hiking groups, children’s programs and more.
- Glendale Golf and Country Club
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- West Edmonton Mall:
Did you know? The Lewis Estates Golf Course is one of the region’s most recognized courses. It offers bentgrass greens and tree-lined fairways and presents an excellent challenge for both new golfers and handicappers. Best of all, the course is located just four minutes north of Glastonbury.
While there are no schools located in Glastonbury proper, there are several options in the surrounding neighbourhoods of Granville, The Hamptons and Aldergrove. Childcare/out-of-school care services are also available in the community’s north end.
Designated Public Schools:
- Kim Hung School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Kim Hung School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- Jasper Place School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Designated Catholic Schools:
- St. Justin School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Sister Annata Brockman School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
- Sister Annata Brockman School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
- St. Oscar Romero School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
Did you know? Glastonbury boasts a liveability score of 77%, which is considered exceptional. The community comes highly rated for its amenities, cost of living, housing, and schools.
Glastonbury is defined by the community of Granville to the west, Whitemud Drive to the north, the Anthony Henday to the east and 62nd Ave to the south. Whitemud Drive provides streamlined access to central and south Edmonton, while the Anothony Henday delivers a convenient commute to the greater capital region (including St. Albert). Other significant thoroughfares include Highway 16A, offering a straight shot to Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and downtown Edmonton via 100th/Stony Plain Road.
For more information on West Edmonton homes for sale and real estate opportunities in Glastonbury, get in touch with us! And don’t forget to take advantage of our many FREE and informative community-related resources, including:
- Ultimate Guide to Edmonton Real Estate – Up-to-date information on home styles, pricing and communities in every quadrant of the city.
- Your All-In-One Guide to Choosing The Right Neighbourhood – A step-by-step guide on how to find the perfect home in the perfect neighbourhood.
- The Terry Paranych Real Estate Group Community Blog – The latest Edmonton community spotlights and features.
- Your Guide to West Edmonton Real Estate
- Edmonton Community Spotlight: Donsdale in West Edmonton
- 5 Affordable Neighbourhoods in West Edmonton